Skip To Main Content




In order to graduate from AUSD, students need to complete two years of science with a grade D or better in all semesters. One of those years needs to be in biology; the other needs to be a physical science. 

Four-year colleges and universities typically require:

  • Two years of science with a grade of C or better in all semesters
  • Competitive students for UC admission will usually have three years of lab sciences.  Many other colleges require or recommend three or more years of science.
  • UC requires a minimum of two years of laboratory science; all AHS courses in biology, chemistry and physics plus AP environmental science are approved as lab sciences.

Typical Science Pathways by Grade

Department Members